Maine Medical Partners
Managing Practice Director
U.S. News & World Report Names MMC “Best Regional Hospital.” MaineHealth and its affiliates are the largest not-for-profit family of leading high-quality providers and other healthcare organizations in Northern New England. MaineHealth is ranked among the nation's top 100 integrated healthcare delivery networks in the nation.
- Transformed culture of $13 million Cardiac surgery group, focusing on greater accountability, improved collaboration, and enhanced direct communication among leadership and peers. Owned the organizational values of: Excellence; Integrity; Respect; Patient Centered; Ownership; and Innovation.
- Proposed a new leadership role for the physician assistant team (currently more than a dozen on the team) to improve engagement, institutional collaboration, training/education, with a primary goal of enhancing the institutional reputation and culture of this group.
- Drove referral volume via business development efforts with referring cardiology groups, connecting surgeons directly with cardiologists statewide.
- Proposed new FTE role, Nurse Navigator, which supports busy cardiac surgical practice with an average of 99.75 surgical cases monthly/1,300 estimated annually. This position is poised to immediately improve overall efficiency, collaboration, and the quality/efficacy of our patient care by reducing more than 240 delays and cancellations by at least 25%.
- Facilitated a new patient care model that improves provider-patient access via new hires of nurse practitioners and physician assistants to improve patient access, enhance outcomes, and move the cardiac surgical program to the next level in national excellence
- Developed new efficiencies, particularly with referrals for an improved patient experience via pre-operative standardization between cardiologists and the cardiac surgical group.
LincolnHealth | Healogics
A nearly $1 billion wound care management company, provides wound care and consulting services to nearly 600 hospitals in the United States.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementation, ongoing management and strategic growth of the program: outpatient Wound Care Center®, HBO, inpatient and outreach. The Executive Director oversees day-to-day program operations and is responsible for: budgeting, revenue and cost management, reimbursement, quality management, performance improvement, marketing and community education, and human resource management. The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining collaborative and consultative client relationships, integrating programs within the hospital organization and creating effective working relationships within the company, both internal and external to the hospital organization. Ultimately, the Executive Director is accountable for achieving program metrics, demonstrating the value proposition to the customer and contract retention.
- Awarded Center of Distinction for Clinical Excellence in first year of eligibility. Award based on the following criteria: 1.) Patient Satisfaction: 93.5%; 2.) Healing Rate: 95%; 3.) Outlier Rate: 9.17%; 4.) Median Days to Heal: 27 days.
- Exceeded 2015 volume goals by 15.5% in patient encounters and 24.3% for new patients. Finished with gross revenue of $1.3 million.
- Zero employee turnover for 23 straight months from opening.
- Recently finished 24th nationally and the top 10 in the Atlantic Zone in business development volume during the 2nd Annual National Diabetes Awareness Campaign, October 2015. Center finished 2nd in the Atlantic Zone during an October 2014 diabetes sales campaign. Finished second over scores of centers in multiple states with actual incremental new patients plus consults (in addition to bonus points) with growth from Q3 to Q4 2014.
- Increase of 60-65% over previous year in new patients and encounters and at or above volume goals every month in 2015.
- In June 2015, our center was tenth in the nation (of 683) in a national diabetes awareness business development campaign and cited as one of only 25 centers that achieved more than 100% of goal nationally.
- Developed and featured Medical Director and Center on Maine Calling, Maine Public Broadcasting Network’s only state-wide call-in show in Maine. Past guests have included U.S. senators, representatives, governors, academic leaders, and authors. Audience size estimates average more than 15,000 people up to more than 60,000 statewide. Topic focused on diabetes and wound care and included Dr. Irwin Brodsky, Medical Director, Diabetes Maine Medical Partners Endocrinology and Diabetes Center, and Chris Boynton, executive director for the American Diabetes Association New England Area.
Other Leadership roles
READINESS ASSOCIATES—USA . 2015-2018 CEO: Readiness Associates is a corporate preparedness, business continuity, risk management, and workplace safety start-up that offers B2B workplace safety and crisis preparedness solutions.
RIGHT BANK GROUP—USA . 2016-2018 CEO: Right Bank Group oversees the Right Bank Jazz Festival, which generates funds for pancreatic cancer research and treatment.
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS—National Headquarters, District of Columbia . 2010-2013 . Divisional Sales Director, New England, Preparedness, Health and Safety Services; State Health and Safety Director: Led unified sales strategy to drive revenue of over $25 million in preparedness, health and safety to Fortune 1000 corporations and small businesses throughout our 8-state national-leading division
CAPITAL CORP OF THE WEST—Merced, CA . 2006-2008 . Vice President, Marketing: Full Service Community Bank, 30 Branches, $1.8 Billion in Assets.
BOARDMAN MITCHELL PARTNERS—Half Moon Bay, CA 1997-2006 . CEO: A Full Service Marketing Advertising, and PR Agency (2 Offices) delivering marketing and sales strategies/solutions to numerous high tech companies, including Oracle, Silicon Graphics, Netscape, Legato, and Kabria among others
BANK OF AMERICA—Camden and Belfast, ME . 1996-1997 . Assistant Vice President-Management Development: A Forbes Top 50 Company, $2.72 Trillion Bank